1.0 Installed (via disc or rip) and updated to 184.108.40.206 beta by running NASCAR-SimRacing_Patch_Win_EN_Patch-1029-BETA.exe
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||7.22-staging|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
- Installation from disc rip updating to the 220.127.116.11 beta, and noCD patch installation went flawlessly.
- When attempting to run the game immediately after the above steps, 3DSetup.exe's benchmark that is run before the game launches states that the system does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game, preventing the game from launching. Following the instructions contained in the link in the application info, this can be bypassed by replacing 3DSetup.exe with the version included with F1 Challenge 99-02. This problem affects all modern 64-bit systems and is not WINE specific.
- Launching a race.
- Launching a test session.
- Driving around the track in practice.
- Logitech F310 in both XInput and Dinput mode can be configured in settings to be used
- Logitech Driving Force GT can be configured in settings to be used. Degrees of rotation must be externally configured somehow.
- Changing settings that either involve controls or have some sort of slider or drop-down menu.
What does not
- Severe visual glitching in the menus that leads a few items and settings to be unselectable, such as series, driver, and difficulty selections. Other items are able to be clicked, but in some instances the glitching can obfuscate the menu option to where it's mostly not visible but still clickable.
- Slight visual glitching while in-race.
- Resolution and fullscreen selection in the modified 3DSetup.exe inconsistently applies to the game.
What was not tested
- Season Play
- Series other than NEXTEL Cup
- Drivers other than the default selection of Kurt Busch
- Exhaustive testing of what settings are able to be changed and what can't was not performed.
- Multiplayer was not tested
- A full race was not attempted
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Fedora 37 x86_64||Dec 01 2022||7.22-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Frank P|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|