Latest available retail version of FL Studio
- MIDI I/O
- Audio I/O* (stereo duplex only; see note in "what does not work")
- Demo project loads and plays fine
- Every 'native FL' plugin I've tried works, but I have not tried all of them
- VST3 plugins seem to work (have only tested Surge XT)
- VST2 plugins seem to work (have only tested Spire 1.5)
- The FL Studio VSTi (VST2) plugin seems to work (only tested loading it from within FL Studio 21)
- FL Studio ASIO (outputs
What does not
- The included ASIO4ALL does not show detect any audio devices. This is technically not a part of FL Studio, but is included by default. This is a moot point for many, since FL Studio ASIO works.
- * Only two inputs and two outputs of my 18input 20ouput interface are detected by FL Studio ASIO. There may be a way to configure wine to utilize more inputs, but I haven't done much research into this. For this test, I was using the default winecfg: winepulse.drv with a "Stereo" speaker configuration. This may be a wine configuration issue and not an app compatibility issue, but its worth noting.
What was not tested
- Extensive music production
- No testing was done with wineasio; FL Studio ASIO was used for the testing of this report
Tested with pipewire 0.3.63 and a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
Marking this as "Silver" - everything seems to work, except I haven't figured out how to get more than stereo duplex audio I/O, so that prevents it from being higher than silver.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 16 2022||7.22||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||prg|