- Installation worked out fine, it installed incredibly fast aswell.
I painted a simple picture and most things seemed to be working just fine, but there are some annoying bugs here and there.
What does not
- When the installation finishes there are checkbox for launching Fireworks and viewing the readme files. The checkboxes are invisible but clickable.
- If you want a lighter tone on a color in the color palette you can't click and drag the black arrow, you'll have to click in the palette to change the color.
- All sliders (like the font size slider and the rectangle roundness slider) have some problems. If I click a slider and drag it up a bit, it doesn't go away and apply the changes when I release the button. To edit font size you have to write the value and press Enter.
What was not tested
- Most things, I just wanted to see if it was working at all.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||openSUSE 12.1 x86_64||Feb 28 2012||1.4-rc5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 12 2011||1.3.11||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 01 2009||1.1.21||Yes||Yes||Platinum||MadnessRed|
|Show||Mandriva 2008.1 Spring||Mar 12 2009||1.1.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Daniel Uto|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 10 2010||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
This no longer works with newer versions of wine
ok, if you want to make your png files open with Fireowrks by default, heres hwo to do it.
1 - Get the launcher details for Fireworks, it should look something like this
env WINEPREFIX="/home/~user~/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Fireworks 8\Fireworks.exe"
you will need to change ~user~ to you username, eg madnessred. If you are unsure please look at the bottom of this post for an alternative mthod to find it out.
2 - Once you have got your launcher details right click on a png file, slect "Open with > Open with other application"
3 - Where it says "|> Use a custom command", click that
4 - A box will appear, in that paste the custom launcher information and press open. Now fireworks will open with that file. Clsoe fireworks. Now when you double lick to open a png it will open with fireowrks.
Â How to find out your fireworks launcher information
1 - Right click on the fireworks icon in the Applications Menu (For me Applications > Wine > Programs > Macromedia > Macromedia Fireworks 8
2 - Select add launcher to desktop
3 - Right click on the Fireworks Icon, select properties, select the launcher tab.
4 - Where it says command, copy the text from that box, that is you launcher information.