Installation, and running the setup program to configure the game. That's it.
What does not
Running the game, unfortunately. Received an intro image, the Infogrames logo, and then the game crashed.
The configuration utility for V-Rally 2 (the one that allows you to configure video and audio settings) will not run unless you set it to Windows 98 mode in Wine. The game itself will only launch to show the Infogrames logo, and then crashes. Here is what I tried, to try getting it to work:
1. Set the game to run in Windows 98 mode: FAILED
2. Set the game to run in Windows 95 mode: FAILED
3. Run the game by executing the wine command from the terminal, to see any useful error messages: FAILED - no useful error messages
4. Tried installing DirectX 9.0c (not even sure if I should do that): FAILED
5. Tried launching the game with a no-cd patch: FAILED
What was not tested
Anything inside the game, as I could not run it.
I give up!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Unknown||Sep 11 2018||3.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||User|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" x86_64||Feb 15 2017||2.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Tim|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 27 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Silver||AdeC|
|Current||Linux Mint 9 "Isadora"||Oct 10 2010||1.3.4||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 26 2006||0.9.6.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|