changes since 6.01.02
On Capture Settings, Capture tab, added the "Default background color" and its transparency setting.
HyperSnap now tries to save all the options and settings to the registry as soon as they are modified, to avoid problems with not saving them upon system shut-down, when HyperSnap was never exited.
Added command line text capture tool, available upon request at this time from Hyperionics.
(source: HyperSnap's changelog)
Everything else than what doesn't work.
Was tested with the default settings under Wine as Windows NT 4.0
What does not
- "Setting as a wallpaper", but it does create a .bmp file in $HOME
- "Add text"
- Capture: Window or Control
- Capture: Active Window (exits)
- Capture: Active Window without Frame (exits)
- Capture: Free Hand (there is no way to end the capture, either by finishing or aborting it)
- Capture: Multi-Region Capture (there is no way to end the capture, either by finishing or aborting it)
- Capture: Mouse Cursor only
- Capture: Text
- Hotkeys (but menu keyboard shorcuts work)
- New version checking
- Help and Tutorials
- Decreasing a 16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit picture to 256 colors with the resizing tool (NOT "rescaling") renders the picture black and white, just like if it was decreasing to 8-bit, but decreasing to Monochrome renders the picture differently.
- Odd behaviour when sliding a picture bigger than the main window, this is like if the slide bars were more or less snapping to the image borders.
- Menu bar refreshes itself when closing a document and when using the magnifier
What was not tested
- Special Capture (DirectX, Glide...)
- Timed Auto Capture
- Customized Capture Settings (only default settings were tested)
- Voice Commands
- Morphing Images
I think a bug happened after I tested the application, I don't know if this is a bug from Wine or HyperSnap: Only the menus from Edit to Options were visible. I launched it again few times but that didn't fix it. Unfortunately, I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked correctly again, I can't reproduce it. "Unfortunately" because later, I realized I could have compared the old and new installations to see any changes in configuration files and in the registry. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, I remember having played a lot with the Customized Tools to see what did and what didn't work and I may have messed up something in HyperSnap.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Slackware 10.2||Jan 27 2006||0.9.6.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||[DELETE THIS ACCOUNT]|