All versions (1.0 - 1.09)
Pretty much everything that can work (single player, multiplayer, videos)
What does not
Texture compression - it has to be disabled by -C switch (Wine still lacks S3TC support) Creating a new online account hangs the game, but AFAIK it does the same on Windows
What was not tested
Emperor install fix has to be applied for the game to actually install, patch 1.09 in order to play online
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 20 2013||1.7.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Christoph Korn|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 15 2012||1.3.37||Yes||Yes||Gold||Arthur Huillet|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 24 2011||1.2.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||PaweÅ‚ Drewniak|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Jun 16 2010||1.2-rc3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Pawel Bobrowicz|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 05 2009||1.1.30||Yes||Yes||Gold||Pawel Bobrowicz|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|1638||d3drm.dll isn't implemented||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|6312||game crashes when multitexture is enabled||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|6314||Emperor.exe crashes when -c is not given in commandline options||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|7386||Emperor Battle for Dune - unimplemented function D3DRMQuaternionSlerp||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|7929||C&C 3 network does not work||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|18501||Emperor 'Battle for Dune': can't build units and buildings||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|35194||Emperor: Battle for Dune does not show compressed textures||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
How to run the game
You need to run the game with the -C command line switch, like 'wine emperor.exe -C'.
Problems installing from CD?
Ok. This is howto for people who can't install Emperor directly form CD.
1) First of all visit website Dune2k.com and download Install patch for Emperor.
2) Coppy your Setup folder from the cd. Replace the Setup.exe with exe from the patch.
3) Run Setup.exe through terminal. It should be displaying: enter the cd to the drive.
4) Don't close message from your install. Run another terminal and enter wincfg. When you are in it, click on "Drives" button and create drive with D letter, set it as CD-ROM. Set path to this drive as /media/Emperor1/ (or whatever path you have to your CD-ROM). And apply changes. Don't close winecfg!
5) Switch to the installation and click ok on the "Insert cd" message. It should disappear and installation should began.
6) When you are going to play, enter the Emperor's folder and replace Emperor.exe with the same exe from patch.
Have fun ;]