All versions (1.0 - 1.09)
Installation using Howto + geby's trick.
Single player campaign (Atreides).
Sound and cutscenes.
What does not
Compressed textures (must run the game with -C)
UI elements are animated at very high speed (and the map rotates way too fast) - but the game plays at normal speed. This is very strange but does not prevent one from playing.
What was not tested
Gold rating because of UI problems + compressed textures issue.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 20 2013||1.7.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Christoph Korn|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 15 2012||1.3.37||Yes||Yes||Gold||Arthur Huillet|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 24 2011||1.2.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||PaweÅ‚ Drewniak|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Jun 16 2010||1.2-rc3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Pawel Bobrowicz|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 05 2009||1.1.30||Yes||Yes||Gold||Pawel Bobrowicz|
How to run the game
You need to run the game with the -C command line switch, like 'wine emperor.exe -C'.
Problems installing from CD?
Ok. This is howto for people who can't install Emperor directly form CD.
1) First of all visit website Dune2k.com and download Install patch for Emperor.
2) Coppy your Setup folder from the cd. Replace the Setup.exe with exe from the patch.
3) Run Setup.exe through terminal. It should be displaying: enter the cd to the drive.
4) Don't close message from your install. Run another terminal and enter wincfg. When you are in it, click on "Drives" button and create drive with D letter, set it as CD-ROM. Set path to this drive as /media/Emperor1/ (or whatever path you have to your CD-ROM). And apply changes. Don't close winecfg!
5) Switch to the installation and click ok on the "Insert cd" message. It should disappear and installation should began.
6) When you are going to play, enter the Emperor's folder and replace Emperor.exe with the same exe from patch.
Have fun ;]