Everything except video.
What does not
1) I have tested RECEIVING video (win2003 mode). Doesn't work for me. It attempts to receive video, even opens local video window but show only garbage from framebuffer.
2) International character input. I've tried typing Cyrillic letters, but the letters that appear have nothing to do with the letters that I type! The only solution is to use copy/paste from some other place. When you use copy/paste everything works great.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||KANOTIX 2005-04||Jun 04 2006||0.9.14.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Current||SUSE 10.0||May 14 2006||0.9.13.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||May 12 2006||0.9.13.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||SUSE 10.0||May 08 2006||0.9.12.||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 28 2006||0.9.11.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|3976||webcam picture not displayed in skype 2 (beta)||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|4524||Skype 2.0 crashes on start when video support is enabled||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|4850||Skype 2.0 splash screen graphic missing||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|6218||Skype dies when placing calls||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|8185||can't login in Skype 3.1 on wine/kubuntu 7||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|11809||Skype 126.96.36.199 Crashes on Login Screen.||CLOSED||INVALID||View|
HOWTO Skype 2 with Wine
1. Install Wine 0.9.15 (verified) and begin with a fresh ~./wine directory.
2. Install Skype 2.0.103 (verified) from http://www.skype.com and the SkypeSetup.exe file. The installer should run flawlessly.
3. Run #winecfg and select Windows 2003 mode for Skype.exe if it's not already done. You may use the ALSA sound driver with this program, however OSS will work just as well.
4. Use Skype!
- WinXP Mode crashes the client when placing a call because it tries to probe for video support. (fixed 0.9.13)
- WinXP Mode causes severe sound lag
- Win98 Mode causes a bug in the pulldown menus
- Echo123 testing service is non-functional (fixed 0.9.13)
- Minor graphical glitches
- Initially, placing a call will cause DSound buffering problems and will stutter for the first few seconds.
- aRts sound driver does not work properly
- ESD sound driver does not work properly
Any problem related to microphone issues is most likely a problem with your mixer settings. Look for a "capture" channel and unmute/adjust volume on it. Also, make sure that if your card has modular mic/line inputs that your mic channel is selected for that jack.
Driver issues have also been reported with intel8x0 drivers, where you cannot run the card in full duplex without setting up a dmix profile for ALSA (see the Gentoo-Wiki for hints on how to do this). emu10k1 drivers also have been reported to crash in full duplex mode.
These problems are not actually problems with Wine or Skype!