* Starting the demo via "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Croteam/Serious Sam - The Second Encounter Demo/Bin$ wine SeriousSam.exe" without quotes at the command line
* Yellow, red, and black colored splash logo image appears
What does not
- No shortcut placed on KDE desktop
- Game fails to load following the initial splash logo with an error window that reads, "Cannot make GUID for a player: CoCreatreGuid(): Error 0x00000720" and I hit the only button that's available to click in this error window which is okay and it exits.
- Attempted to uninstall via "wine uninstaller" without quotes at the command line; while the uninstaller said it uninstalled the demo, a check in the installation directory and sub directories revealed the files were still there! Manually removed these files and directories, as well as files in windows/temp.
What was not tested
+ Nothing was tested as program fails to load past the splash logo image.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||May 23 2008||1.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Simon W.|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 16 2008||0.9.53.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||idan|
|Show||Fedora 7||Aug 14 2007||0.9.43.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Louis Lenders|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 15 2007||0.9.35.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 29 2006||0.9.20.||No||Not installable||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
From now on, please submit only tests that contain multiplayer tests. Single player is known to run well. You may still submit your test for single player, if there are special instructions to follow for certain platforms, under special circumstances etc...
Other submissions will be rejected