* Installation: This is a bit tricky.
- You must have a softlink from dosdevices to your dvd drive so you can swap out disks during installation. For example: wine "d:\LaunchBF.exe"
- You must "alt-tab" to gain focus on install windows to enter serial number.
- Sometimes, you much "alt-tab" to focus on install windows to press "enter" on your keyboard because clicking "next >" with the mouse doesn't always work.
* Gameplay seems to work using the following commandline which reroutes output to speed things up: wine "c:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Battlefront.exe" -opengl 2>/dev/null
What does not
* Audio/ Sound/ Music: Tried both Alsa and OSS configs in winecfg. No luck hearing anything. Tried hardware emulation; no luck.
* Speed: It can be REALLY slow to startup and to go from main menu to gameplay
* Stability / Consistency: Sometimes game textures show up and sometimes they don't. Also, game will crash if too much CPU is required
* CD Authentication: Wine could not authenticate CD; so I had to use no-cd "patches"
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 14 "Nadia"||Dec 14 2012||1.5.18||Yes||Yes||Silver||Carlos Rodriguez|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 03 2010||1.3.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||May 27 2007||0.9.37.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Aniruddha|
|Current||SUSE 10.0||Feb 26 2006||0.9.8.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Hordak|