Installing, starting, playing.
What does not
Haven't found anything yet.
What was not tested
Multiplayer, full gameplay.
The game starts perfect, no problems to mention. I played a few turns in campaign flawlessly. Intro video is quite slow, and so is the animation in combat. I used the russian localised version, but I installed english one (there was a choose). I mention that as I saw people saying that the installation hangs.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Jul 17 2011||1.3.23||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 21 2009||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 17 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jan 09 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Slackware 12.1||Nov 17 2008||1.1.7||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
Update the game to version 1.03 to avoid the copy-protection (the 1.01 and 1.04 updates do not work).
Place the DLLs in this archive
in Wine's windows/system32 directory. Then, start winecfg and add dll
overrides (native, builtin) for the following DLLs: dplayx, dpnet,
dpnhpast and dpwsockx.
After that, update your Wine registry by running 'wineprefixcreate'.