Installation, game works to start using a crack, intro video works.
What does not
Gaming, it lags alot. Tried this game on both high and low gfx/resolution. And this computer is really fast one so cant blame it for the lag. Notice on thing though, it only lags once there is a playerobject onscreen. Viewing only space then no lag at all, or while using solarsystemmap there was no lag at all.
What was not tested
I've installed some extra stuff using winetricks, did this long before trying hegemonia. Not sure if any of the stuff i added then affected Hegemonia in any way. Might be some kind of workaround for the lag. Please me know if you manage to get the game running without lag.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 15 2010||1.2-rc7||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Rikard Johansson|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze" x86_64||Jun 13 2010||1.2-rc3||Yes||Yes||Silver||Sixsixfive|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Apr 07 2010||1.1.42||Yes||No||Garbage||Felix Gruber|
|Show||Fedora 11 x86_64||Aug 29 2009||1.1.28||Yes||No||Garbage||Pavel OndraÄka|
|Show||Mepis 8||Mar 16 2009||1.1.15||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
This game is quite buggy. There are official patches all over the Internet. Patch your game to a version at least 1.07! Before writing about a bug make sure it is absent when running the game in the native Windows environment. It is rather a game bug than wine fault.Â Owners of ATI cards can experience additional bugs.
Known issues / patch history:
- A new level called: Scourge is added (see below for more details)
- This patch will install the Xmas addon level (called Firestorm). The level is now compatible with the Japanese and the Russian versions of Haegemonia.
Please DO NOT install the Xmas addon if you have already installed v1.08 patch.
- The game is now compatible with the Japanse and the Russian versions.
- Fixed bug in production redirection.
- Improved AI.
- Fixed graphical bug in the random hero screen.
- The button is the right side of the volume bars are now operate.
- This patch is going to install a new multiplayer map, called Scourge. This map is intended for two players with a new feature. We placed an Asteroid control base in the center. At the start, it is neutral, but if one of the players sends his units next to it, the base becomes his property. Whoever is closer, will control the base. If this happens, the base selects a hostile planet and diverts an asteroid at it (ex. if the green player control the base then the asteroid will attack the red player's planets). These asteroids should be destroyed as soon as possible, because they can cause great havoc to the target planet (you can attack them with your ships).
Because of the control base, this map cannot be played against the AI. Further on, the base can be occupied only with fighting units and the upkeep is paid by the new owner.
- Fixed bug in the ship renaming.
- There is only a few halting left in the game.
- From now you can save in multiplayer skirmish mode (alone with one player plus AI.) and load your saved game in single player mode.
- Fixed a bug in the version number.
- Improved radar range presentation in Ati cards.
- ATI drivers patched - corrections about invisible options and radar range.
- Multiplayer synchronisation with other versions (ex. US with European).
- Bink player correction under WinXP or 2000 (intro/animations played slower than normal).
- Gamestart crash was possible if user did not have TCP/IP connection installed.
- Single level changes: improved AI.
- Movement in 3D (M and SHIFT) was only possible with the left mouse button (for action). Now both mouse buttons work.
- Fixed gameplay bugs in Episode 2 - Mission 2 and Mission 3.
- Fixed bugs in save/load system.
- Now you can pause the game with the P key too.
- Plus a lot more.
- Reverse Y and XY axis mouse option added.
- ShortCutEditor.exe added so you are able to redefine your keyboard.
- You are now able to rename your squads (only for ships created by the player) by clicking on their names in the ship info screen (F4).
- Do not install the demo and the full version into the same directory. It will cause several bugs.Â
If you experience weird mouse behaviour while changing angle in "3D world" view:
uncheck wine configuration option Graphics->"Allow the window manager to control the windows"
*or* check Graphics->"Emulate a virtual desktop".
These registry settings could help you (or not) if you have troubles: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\Hgm.exe\X11 Driver] "ClientSideAntiAliasWithRender"="Default" "ClientSideWithRender"="Default" "Managed"="N" "DXGrab"="Y" "UseXRandR"="Y" "UseXVidMode"="Default" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\Hgm.exe\Direct3D] "AlwaysOffscreen"="enabled" "OffscreenRenderingMode"="default" "PixelShaderMode"="enabled" "RenderTargetLockMode"="readtex" "UseGLSL"="disabled" "VideoMemorySize"="1024" Comment: Those settings work for mine setup. Without them with some objects on screen there was stuttering with rendering. Crucial settings are: "UseXRandR"="Y" for proper screen resolution change (for the the game and desktop afterwards) - it wasn't perfect before - and "AlwaysOffscreen"="enabled" for getting rid of the stuttering rendering. Tested on: Wine-1.5.7-252-g1f01355 build from git repository OpenSUSE 12.1 x86_64 AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 with Fglrx 12.4 Thanks goes to Ernest Skrzypczyk.