- Authentication and general use and manipulation of the windows interface.
- Input of local hard drives (even my ext3 fs was available) (sweet!)
- Using console switches . arguments. e.g. wine mstsc.exe -v: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -console /w:1024 /h:768
- Enables access to the server console and in a fixed window size.
- Runs well in Windows 98 mode
-- Runs well in Windows 2000 mode
What does not
- Running in Windows XP mode
- when selecting non full screen mode the windows needs to be manually expanded or maximised. (Non show stopper)
What was not tested
- Importing Local Printers
- Import Local COM and serial ports
Just be weary of selected screen resolution size and your own set resolution as in full screen mode the screen may appear chopped in cut off. Again not a show stopper. Overall very happy with the resault I should also add that I just copied this file form my windows partition. not installed from install executable.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 09 2015||1.7.51||No, but has workaround||Yes||Garbage||Nathan Shearer|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jan 30 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Nathan Shearer|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 10 2013||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Puppy Linux 5.x||May 28 2011||1.3.19||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 26 2011||1.2.3||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Anders|