-> Joining games;
-> Hosting games;
-> Changing video configuration in-game;
-> Steam overlay UI;
-> DX 9.0c;
-> Downloading custom mods and plugins while joining a server;
What does not
-> Sometimes starts with broken UI in KDE4 (i have to try with other desktop environments);
What was not tested
-> Joining many multiplayer games, since i've tried just a couple of games.
As i said before, framerate is lower than in Windows, about 40-70 unstable fps while in Windows are over 70 fps stable. About the UI: sometimes the games runs with broken UI, i think is a compatibility problem with KDE4 and KWin 3D effects, i'll make new tests with other desktop environments. My hardware configuration: Intel Core i5 750 at 2.67 Ghz, 4 GB of RAM and ATI HD5830 with 1 GB of VRAM and installed ATI fglrx drivers.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||openSUSE 12.1 x86_64||Jul 29 2012||1.5.9||Yes||Yes||Gold||hawake|
|Show||openSUSE 12.1 x86_64||May 12 2012||1.5.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||Gavin|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 25 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Sicchia Didier|
|Show||openSUSE 11.3||Aug 15 2010||1.3.0||Yes||Yes||Platinum||SauBAER|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 08 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|5159||Microphone xmit in Half Life and HL:S games very harsh and goes in and out of "focus"||REOPENED||View|
|8025||Counter-strike freezes at random on ATi video cards||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
If you would like Day of Defeat: Source to get more attention please vote for it!
So some things I've noticed that you need to get Day of Defeat to run better are:
Q: It seems that dod source works once steam as been installed as it is
said in the steam section. But once dod is launched, steam stays in
focus and obstruct the screen. When I try to lower the steam window,
everything freezes and I must reboot the PC, the keyboard is not
Whats going on?
A: One of the known bugs with steam is that it always is on top and cannot be minimized, or else the system crashes. So if the steam window is still on your screen when you start your game, simply X out of it instead of trying to minimize it.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Re-Test under Wine 1.3.2 by Martin Schoch on Sunday September 5th 2010, 13:37
- RE: Runtime Error when joining a server. by Psage on Monday September 28th 2009, 2:47
- RE: No menu background and HUD by Jason Young on Tuesday February 24th 2009, 14:45
- RE: No text by Ben on Tuesday April 29th 2008, 13:55
- RE: Error message by Luke Eckley on Thursday October 11th 2007, 19:01
- RE: Nope still doesn't work by Rafael on Saturday September 29th 2007, 6:14
- RE: Performance Problem with 0.9.45 by Joseph Williams on Monday October 1st 2007, 4:45
- RE: Black screen after loading screen (Wine 0.9.37) by Ryan Bach on Thursday May 31st 2007, 15:25
- RE: Black screen after loading screen (Wine 0.9.37) by Xavier Ortiz on Wednesday June 20th 2007, 13:17
- RE: Black screen after loading screen (Wine 0.9.37) by Ryan Bach on Friday June 22nd 2007, 0:24
- RE: Dods not launching on steam by ParanoidAndroid on Thursday May 3rd 2007, 5:31
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by Duncan Youngson on Monday February 19th 2007, 18:00
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by Janne Aikioniemi on Monday February 19th 2007, 23:55
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by Joe on Tuesday February 20th 2007, 18:34
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by FXL on Wednesday February 21st 2007, 7:36
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by Sciamano on Friday February 23rd 2007, 10:46
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by FXL on Sunday March 4th 2007, 6:03
- RE: Black screen after loading screen by blue on Sunday April 8th 2007, 14:58
- RE: editing by Scott Van Der Wall on Saturday October 28th 2006, 8:27