* Shortcut placement on KDE desktop
* Starting the game (I chose 1024x768 and DirectX)
* In-game menu; various options
* Playing the game
* Intro short videos
* In-game sound effects
What does not
- The game demo seems to work perfectly now when the DirectX option is chosen. However, when I chose the OpenGL option the game failed to start and I had to return to the command line and 'killall wineserver' without quotes to stop the running process(es). When DirectX is chosen, the game plays smoothly.
- When I chose to uninstall via 'wine uninstaller' from command line without quotes the uninstaller graphic progress went to 100% and a window popped up asking if I wanted to reboot (which of course in wine it doesn't restart Linux but simulated a reboot) and I chose yes and it froze so at the command line X Terminal I hit CTRL-C followed by 'killall wineserver' without quotes to stop the process. I removed the installed files manually, perhaps when choosing No when it asks to reboot windows following the uninstall process it may continue with success?
What was not tested
+ Gameplay after 10 minutes
~ Application was listed twice in the wine uninstaller menu but both entries are removed following an uninstall. ~ Manually removed desktop icons ~ Manually removed files in windows/temp
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Slackware64 13.0||Sep 05 2010||1.3.0||Yes||Yes||Gold||414NXabaras|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 26 2006||0.9.16.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Gerry Cherry|
|Show||Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 21 2006||0.9.10.||Yes||No||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|