* Installation, though no shortcut icon placed on desktop, while this game demo does install there are some minor details with the end of the install process (see what doesn't work below)
* Starting the game demo manually via "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Monte Cristo/City Life Demo/BIN$ wine CityLifeDemo.exe" without quotes at the command line which brings up a window stating an error (see what doesn't work below)
* Uninstall via wine uninstaller, manually removed remaining empty directory Monte\ Cristo/ in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files
What does not
- At the end of the install process, the City Life demo splash screen remains on the desktop with no apparent way to exit, I had to CTRL+ALT+F1 and login to manually "killall wineserver explorer.exe CL_Demo_US_Setup.exe" without quotes to regain control of my desktop at CTRL+ALT+F7, this demo does install but for some reason at the end of installation this splash screen remains and one must manually stop it, CTRL+ALT+ESC wouldn't do the job
- Upon starting the game demo, as described above in what works, a window pops up titled, "Protection System (FrontLine Pro" with an image for the game in the middle and the buttons "OK" and "Information" with the following text beneath them: "Internal error when accessing one of the application's libraries. Contact your Customer Support. Error code: 997", when I clicked on the "Information" button followed by "View Report" it brought up another window in Notepad titled "inf59cb.txt" which read:
This file contains detailed information on the problem occurred.
Save the file and forward it to your product Customer Support.
------------------------------ Information ------------------------------
Unable to gather system information using MSINFO32.EXE."
I clicked "Back" and "OK" to exit
What was not tested
+ Nothing further was tested due to the error mentioned above
~ Using NVIDIA Driver Version: 1.0-9631
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||No||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 10 2006||0.9.21.||Yes||No||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Apr 13 2006||0.9.10.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|