I have switched to the most recent version of WINE, i.e. 0.9.13. This has helped immensely.
1. The application basically works, and performance is acceptable.
2. The computational engine seems to be fine, i.e., the non-graphical part.
3. Windyows refresh well.
4. Scrolling lists too long to display on the screen scroll correctly.
5. Image layers work correctly.
6. Colors are fine.
What does not
1. This application, has a container window that holds other windows containing the fractal art image(s) or text editors for editing formulas. When these windows are minimized, then restored, all of the "Window Decorations" are gone, scroll bars appear, as if the contents of the window are now too big to be contained in the original geometry. The scrollbars don't work. The sub-window can't be moved.
2. In the text editor, when I move to another desktop and then return, the text input cursor is invisible. It is OK as long as I stay on that desktop.
3. Cut-and-paste doesn't work between the application and Firefox. I am trying to do a tutorial at the moment, and I eventually had to type the formula in, since it was encrypted and just didn't work properly.
What was not tested
The big thing I have not test is Animation and the Animation interface.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||SUSE 10.0||May 21 2006||0.9.13.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|