HOWTO: UbiSoft RealMyst
This HOWTO covers installing UbiSoft's RealMyst from the retail box with a CD crack using Wine-1.3.24
HOWTO is based on a clean installation of Wine-1.3.24 on Ubuntu Jaunty(
9.04 ) using NVIDIA GeForce based graphics cards. Results may vary if
other applications are currently installed within Wine, or a different
operating system platform is used and/or a different graphics card is
- Make sure your Graphics and Sound cards/drivers and installed and running properly.
- Download and install Wine-1.3.24 if necessary( For best results remove prior versions of Wine )
- Down the Indeo Codecs Legacy Package from http://www.moviecodec.com/downloads/31d.html
- Run iv5setup.exe with wine and follow the prompts. Make sure to select the custom install option then remove (un-tick) the netscape plug-in component from the install. * Note this must be done or the install will freeze
- Insert the RealMyst cd then go in to the installation directory and run the setup.exe with wine. This can be done via console with the command 'wine setup.exe' or in the gnome file brower by right clicking on it and clicking on 'open with wine'.
- Follow the prompts, once you get to the prompt called "install you prefer" make sure to select 'Full'. This will install all of the game contents to your hard drive.
- Once the game has been successfully install you will need to download the latest patch for realMyst.
- Download the realMyst v1.11 patch from http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=62
- Run the real_myst_patch_v1.11.exe with wine and follow the installation prompts.
- Once successful download the following 'realMYST v1.1.1 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Vista Fixed EXE' crack from http://m0004.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_realmyst.shtml*Note It must be that exact crack. I had tried other versions and this was the only version that worked for me.
- Extract the 'RealMyst_vista_nocd.rar' and copy the 'RealMYST.exe' to your installation directory of RealMyst ( this may be "~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/Mattel Interactive/realMYST Interactive 3D Edition" but it really depends on how you configured wine and your distribution.) *Note I Suggest making a backup of your RealMyst.exe before replacing it with this one.
- Run winecfg, under Applications tab click on the 'Add Application' button and go to your RealMyst installation directory and select RealMyst.exe.
- Make sure RealMyst.exe is highlighted under application settings and change the windows version to 'Windows XP'.
- Click on the Audio Tab and tick the 'EsounD driver'. Click the 'Test Sound' button to make sure its working.
- Click on the Graphics tab and make sure the "Allow the windows manager to control the windows" is selected.
- Click ok
- run 'realMYSTSetup.exe' either from the drop down menu in gnome (Applications/wine/Programs/RealMyst/RealMyst Setup/) or in console with 'wine ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/Mattel Interactive/realMYST Interactive 3D Edition/realMYSTSetup.exe'
- Select from the Direct3D drop-down menu "Direct3D Hal [wine D3D7 Hal]"
- Set the screen resolution to whatever you feel your computer can handle. If your using a modern computer I suggest the highest possible. Then click ok.
- Now run the game. This can be done from the gnome menu (Applications/wine/Programs/RealMyst/RealMyst Interactive 3D Edition) or from the console with 'wine ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/Mattel Interactive/realMYST Interactive 3D Edition/realMYST.exe'
- Enjoy one of the best games ever created.
- Corrupt file called PageLoop.bik causes the end sequence to crash.
Fix for problems
- Download the PageLoop.bik file from one of these locations
- copy the PageLoop.bik file to your "RealMyst/Scn/Maps/" directory. I'n my case it's "~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/Mattel Interactive/realMYST Interactive 3D Edition/Scn/Maps/ "
- Fixed! The game will now run through completely. Enjoy.
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.