Installing and running the normal way. Got 1 crash the first time I changed the resolution, after that I could change everything from the in-game menu.
I've nearly completed all levels so gameplay seems to work fine as well, including saving/loading, settings on high, etc.
I didn't experience any of the previously mentioned sound issues.
What does not
What was not tested
Using Radeon HD 4670: OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV740 OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 9.0 I didn't remember installing d3dx9 or using winetricks.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena" x86_64||May 09 2017||2.7||Yes||Yes||Gold||Kyle B|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 05 2016||1.9.20||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luis Alvarado|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Aug 10 2016||1.9.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Taki Eddine|
|Show||FreeBSD 10.2||Mar 11 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 23 x86_64||Jan 19 2016||1.8||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Vladislav|
game require d3dx9_27.dll and d3dx9_36.dll from native environment. can be automatically installed via winetricks:
While submitting test data, please, specify your OpenGL info. You can get it with
glxinfo | grep renderer -A1
command. output would be something similar to:
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 (RV515 718A) 20090101 TCL DRI2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.6-devel
note that version less that 2.0 is not quite enough to play any game
Game may fail to load any level beyond first one due to freaking buggy proprietary driver while working perfectly OK on Nvidia cards.
Test results confirm that so far, so, while adding new test data, please, include your OpenGL specifications.
It is mandatory.
PS: try not to decrease "rating" because of this, since it is, probably, not wine issue at all.