* Playing the game
* Everything ingame
* Good performance with high resolution and max details
What does not
* Patching is broken since the 17.5.3 patch had to patch manually and get the version of the client set correctly manually.
* Water shaders
* Videocard selection box bug as referenced on the appdb entry page already.
What was not tested
Without the new patching problem it would actually deserve a better rating than bronze because besides that and the small issues stated above the game is working really nicely and performance has been for good quite some time with me now.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 22 2019||4.16||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Steffen Rilk|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 02 2019||4.4-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||malic|
|Show||Fedora 29 x86_64||Jan 21 2019||4.0-rc7||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Chris Kuperstein|
|Show||Fedora 29 x86_64||Jan 21 2019||3.0.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Chris Kuperstein|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Apr 02 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||magzu|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|13685||Anarchy Online is very slow in certain areas (< 3fps or 0)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43169||Anarchy Online crashes when using /petition to contact an adviser of Rubi-Ka (Awesomium.dll)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43251||Anarchy Online Login Window Play and Settings button disapper after minimising and maximising window||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|44516||Anarchy Online doesn't start in Windows7 prefix||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|47339||Anarchy Online crashes when in game browser opens||UNCONFIRMED||View|
This step-by-step guide will help you install and run AO in Linux (including fully working patcher and launcher). Note that this guide is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED.
Funcom support staff will NOT help you with anything related to this
guide, or any problems you might encounter with the install while
playing using this setup.
1) Download the Wine source
3) Compile and install Wine
4) Install IE6 using winetricks (this step is needed for patching and for the launcher content to render correctly):
wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks sh winetricks ie6
5) Download the 18.1.1 full AO installer.
6) Run the AO installer. Accept the default install path.
7) Create a startup script (optional). Save it with whatever name you want (ao.sh, for example).
ÂÂÂÂ#!/bin/bash export WINEPREFIX=~/.wineÂ cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Funcom/Anarchy\ Online WINEDEBUG=-all ÂÂÂwine Anarchy.exeÂÂÂ chmod a+x ao.shÂ
8) Run the script (if you followed step 5).ÂÂ