everything seems to work:
- new game engine (AO Version 18.8.0)
- low, middle, endgame content (level 1-220)
- all addons
- ingame shop
- 3rd party software (like mishbuddy, AOIA, etc.)
- gprahical changes - it looks great guys :)
- bumblebee, using nvidia / intel graphics
What does not
What was not tested
using PoL I had to install "dxfullsetup" and use ingame window-mode, everything else runs out of the box; I recommend also wine window emulation for >1 screens - else the game crashes when switching the game-window to an other screen; performance on i7 3630QM@2.4GHz and GTX 660M (bumblebee: nvidia version 340.46) with highest settings on average 17fps, crowded areas less than 11fps, free areas more than 25fps
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 22 2019||4.16||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Steffen Rilk|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 02 2019||4.4-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||malic|
|Show||Fedora 29 x86_64||Jan 21 2019||4.0-rc7||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||Chris Kuperstein|
|Show||Fedora 29 x86_64||Jan 21 2019||3.0.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Chris Kuperstein|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Apr 02 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||magzu|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|13685||Anarchy Online is very slow in certain areas (< 3fps or 0)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43169||Anarchy Online crashes when using /petition to contact an adviser of Rubi-Ka (Awesomium.dll)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43251||Anarchy Online Login Window Play and Settings button disapper after minimising and maximising window||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|44516||Anarchy Online doesn't start in Windows7 prefix||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|47339||Anarchy Online crashes when in game browser opens||UNCONFIRMED||View|
This step-by-step guide will help you install and run AO in Linux (including fully working patcher and launcher). Note that this guide is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED.
Funcom support staff will NOT help you with anything related to this
guide, or any problems you might encounter with the install while
playing using this setup.
1) Download the Wine source
3) Compile and install Wine
4) Install IE6 using winetricks (this step is needed for patching and for the launcher content to render correctly):
wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks sh winetricks ie6
5) Download the 18.1.1 full AO installer.
6) Run the AO installer. Accept the default install path.
7) Create a startup script (optional). Save it with whatever name you want (ao.sh, for example).
ÂÂÂÂ#!/bin/bash export WINEPREFIX=~/.wineÂ cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Funcom/Anarchy\ Online WINEDEBUG=-all ÂÂÂwine Anarchy.exeÂÂÂ chmod a+x ao.shÂ
8) Run the script (if you followed step 5).ÂÂ