* Shortcut placement on KDE desktop
* Starting the demo via clicking on the desktop shortcut
* The splash screen images that show once the demo has been loaded; clicking through
each image to continue on to the next.
* The options menu; starting the game and configuring options within the various settings
like video, sound, etc.
* The options menu; music plays with animated graphic displayed
* Starting the game; game loads but fails to work correctly (see "What Doesn't Work" below)
* The animated graphic cutscene; but it runs VERY, VERY SLOW and the sound skips. I
could not abort the cutscene in windowed mode no matter what I tried
* Once the game has been started, you may observe the delivery man walking with flowers
on the road below and a few guards in black walking around.
* Uninstalling the demo via "wine uninstaller" without quotes; I manually removed the
one file and the few directories it left behind within Program Files; manually removed
What does not
~ Playing the game; once the game has been started (with all of the video settings
set within the options menu to minimal) I saw the character's red tie animate
briefly but not the remainder of the character. Using the movement keys had no
effect on the character as he remained in the starting position no matter what
movement key I pressed. The music that plays skips.
~ Exiting the game from windowed mode; I tried every key I could think of but nothing
would work, so finally I decided to type "killall wineserver" at the command line
without quotes and that stopped the game but the game window remained on my desktop
and I could not remove nor move it and it was above everything else on my desktop.
I ended up pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE and logging back into KDE for it to be removed
from my desktop.
What was not tested
- Video settings within the options section on high; shadows
- Gameplay (as described above, the character can't move)
- Observing the in-game world for longer than a few minutes
- Full screen mode (I've tested that in past versions of WINE)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Slackware -current||Mar 20 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Maxim-007|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 03 2011||1.3.31||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 15 2007||0.9.35.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
|Show||Slackware 10.2||Aug 18 2006||0.9.19.||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 01 2006||0.9.18.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|