RPG Maker XP entry in the RPG Maker series from 2005 that gives you the power to create your own original role-playing games. Its popular and highly user-friendly editor interface has been carried over from RPG Maker 2000, and its graphic capabilities, battle screen layout, and data packaging features are better than ever.
Version 1.02a boasts a brand-new Scripting function.
* Managing projects (opening a project, starting a new one, saving the current)
* Everything in the database
* Everything in the materialbase
* Script editor(little buggy in searching and jumping to lines)
* Playing existing games
What does not
* Menu bar (and thus compressing game data and opening the game folder from withing the app do not work too)
* BGM/BGS (you can still let others hear them when you release a game though)
* Playing encrypted games
What was not tested
Compressing game data (can't access it because menu bar doesn't work)
* Install the RTP first, then RPGXP itself. It wasn't tested backwards, but better safe than reinstall! * The "Now Playtesting" dialog no longer goes above the game window. * You ~might~ need to tick everything under "Driver selection" in the "Audio" tab of the winecfg. Might!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 13 "Maya"||Oct 10 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 22 2013||1.5.28||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||openSUSE 12.1 x86_64||Apr 28 2012||1.5.2||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 07 2011||1.3.32||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Samuel|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 06 2011||1.3.29||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|