|Latest Wine Version Tested:||0.9.27.|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Everything except the Help menu and toolbars cannot be arranged.
What does not
Help menu and toolbar arrangement (docking)
What was not tested
Nothing that I can think of.
See my warning below
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Fedora Core 6||Dec 27 2006||0.9.27.||Yes||Yes||Gold||John Voltz|
|Show||Fedora Core 6||Nov 06 2006||0.9.24.||Yes||Yes||Silver||John Voltz|
|Show||Fedora Core 5||Aug 10 2006||0.9.17.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora Core 5||Jul 26 2006||0.9.17.||Yes||Yes||Silver||John Voltz|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
This was tested to work on a fully updated Fedora Core 6 installation running Wine-0.9.27.
1. Download and install ies4linux
Copy your ie6 directory from wherever you installed ies4linux (by
default it is ~/.ies4linux/ie6) to ~/.wine. Here's a quick way,
At a bash prompt enter: cp -a ~/.ies4linux/ie6 ~/ && mv ~/ie6 ~/.wine && winecfg
3. Copy the C:\Windows\fonts directory from any available Windows installation to your Wine Windows directory. This is necessary because the MAS90 windows won't render properly with the supplied Wine fonts.
4. Make sure to add the user root to your MAS90 server and give read/write permission to him. If your network is using Active Directory, make sure that the Samba and Kerberos authentication settings on your client are correct (this is out of the scope of this how-to)
5. Create a mount point for your MAS90 server share. Mine is at /mnt/mas90.
6. Add the following line to the client's /etc/fstab, modify it accordingly. This will automatically mount the share everytime you start the client.
server / share: mountpoint: username and password:
//fileserver/90w /mnt/mas90 cifs user=administrator,password=0xdeadbeef,user,rw 0 0
7. Mount the new share for the first time.
8. Install mdac_typ.exe, this should be included with your copy of MAS90 under ./WKSETUP/DATAACC/mdac_typ.exe
9. Install Acrobat Reader 5.0, this should also be included with your copy of MAS90 under ./WKSETUP/Acrobat/ar500enu.exe
10. Install the MAS90 client software ./WKSETUP/Setup.exe
11. Create a shell script called linux_mas90.sh and save it on your MAS90 server in the HOME directory. Modify it accordingly.
wine "m:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE" ../launcher/sota.ini ../soa/mas90
12. Create a Wine dosdevice symlink to whatever mapped drive your MAS90 install expects to run from. Ours runs from drive O: Modify accordingly.
ln -s /mnt/mas90 ~/.wine/dosdevices/o:
13. Create a MAS90 users group on the client and add the appropriate users to the group.
14. Edit /etc/sudoers, comment the requiretty line and add the following line to allow the MAS90 user group to sudo the shell script:
%mas90users ALL=NOPASSWD: /bin/sh ./linux_mas90.sh
15. You can launch MAS90 as root (however this is not recommended for security reasons) by simply typing :
You can launch MAS90 as a normal user by the following:
sudo sh ./linux_mas90.sh
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.