- If the game runs very slowly or there are graphics issues, try these
- Match your in-game video resolution with your X resolution so it
becomes full screen.
- Install the latest drivers for your graphics card or switch to the closed-source
3rd party binary drivers (example: nVidia drivers at nvidia.com).
- Tweak the xorg.conf (/etc/X11/) file and input your monitor's horizontal/vertical frequencies,
- Launch winecfg and in the graphics tab check the box to emulate a
virtual desktop and enter a resolution so that Windows applications
will run in a window controlled by your windows manager.
- Disable "bloom effect" and "water reflection" through the in-game graphics option dialog.
- As of wine 0.9.49 and Silkroad v1.131, guild emblems and character buffs should appear.
- In-game audio and video settings may not be saved after Silkroad
- If you cannot get Silkroad to work at all, you can copy over the Silkroad
folder Windows into ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Silkroad. Make sure that the file names are the same when you copy the files over or
rename the files so that you only have one of each file, as Linux is
case-sensitive while Windows is not.
- If Silkroad is launched from Terminal, many errors will be displayed onscreen. Those are normal and
can be ignored. Running Silkroad from a desktop launcher or from the
launch in the Applications>Wine menu will not show the terminal.
- The launcher may need to be restarted multiple times till the "Start" button appears or the update starts. This may be solved by doing "hosts gwgt1.joymax.com" before starting the launcher.
- Fullscreen mode doesn't work properly and changing between fullscreen and windowed mode via alt+enter will result in great graphic glitches.
If you intend to submit a screenshot, please make sure that it does not have your character details by pressing F12 beforehand. Also make sure you are only taking a screenshot of the Silkroad window, and not the Desktop.