If Wine is run as Windows 98: Installation, patching, GameGuard updating, playing.
If not: Installation, patching
What does not
- Guild logos are not shown
- Game runs significantly slower than in Windows (maybe due to crappy ATi drivers for my ATi X700?)
- from some camera angles, the animations of skills like "Grass-Walk Flow" or "Flow-Piercing Force" are shown, from most angles they are not
- same with the glow of the special "Seal of Star", "Seal of Moon" or "Seal of Sun" weapons
- some graphic glitches on the characters
- the character's own face, which should be shown in a circle in the upper left corner of the screen is shown as a white circle
- some color errors (especially when leaving Hotan via South Gate a lot of colorful garbage can be noticed on the bridge)
- when zooming out on the character its clothes are shown in strange colors; when zooming in again it gets better, however there still is some garbage even if one zooms in as much as possible (especially on the character's face and chest)
- graphics get messed up when changing the graphics quality via the options menu; on "Low" it works pretty well, on "Medium" the glitches get worse and on "High" even worse.
- enabling water reflections causes graphic errors.
What was not tested
Everything except running around, fighting, forming a party, chatting, using skills and opening a shop.
Although there are still many issues, wine has improved a lot recently with this game. It is absolutely playable even if it might be annoying that often skills are not shown.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 02 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Wynton|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 30 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Wynton|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 06 2016||1.9.5||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x86_64||Apr 21 2014||1.7.17||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||SphinUX 1.1 KleOS||Dec 23 2014||1.6.2||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|3933||Freelancer: Mousepointer invisible||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|4666||Many games bundled with HackShield anti-cheat system abort on startup with Hackshield error 108 (copy of system dlls, native vs. Wine placeholder)||NEW||View|
|4809||Silkroad Online Free game, not working||CLOSED||WONTFIX||View|
|5048||Multiple applications and games need support for ws2_32 SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER TransmitFile (WSAID_TRANSMITFILE)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|6500||silkroad online cant connect to server||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|7906||Silkroad Online : Game fails to draw animations||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|8153||Silkroad not working on AMD64||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|8201||Silkroad Online: Unimplemented action SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS||CLOSED||INVALID||View|
|9188||Silkroad online installer crash||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|10064||Multiple threads cause page to expand sideways||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|10145||Segmentation Fault: Silkroad Online loss of functionality||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|10708||Wine lacks support for animated cursors||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|21535||SilkRoad Online Client v1.x reports 'Failed to initialize NetEngine [Error Code(5,127)]' (SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER: unimplemented TransmitFile)||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
If you intend to submit a screenshot, please make sure that it does not have your character details by pressing F12 beforehand. Also make sure you are only taking a screenshot of the Silkroad window, and not the Desktop.