- Installation, even videos that were previously a little glitchy
- Extensive gameplay, campaign, saving, loading
What does not
Specifically changing from windowed mode to fullscreen gives a black screen and you must restart the game. (bug 22627)There is a workaround though: when this happens to you press F6 or F7 and you will get your fullscreen resolution.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 09 2017||2.16||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||azrdev|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 02 2015||1.7.37||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 23 2014||1.7.17||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 20 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 10 2012||1.5.19||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Karatarakis|
EDIT: Newer versions of wine (tested 1.7.37) do NOT need the following notes.
(Tested under wine 1.3.18) Fresh installation with virtual desktop enabled. Note that the size of the virtual desktop can be set in "Wine Configuration" in the "Graphics" tab.
The first time it is launched, Zeus starts into fullscreen mode with resolution 800x600.
1) If the size of the virtual desktop is larger than 800x600 you'll see a black screen. Try to select windowed mode (F5 key).
2) If the size of virtual desktop is 800x600 then you'll not see the black screen but F5 key doesn't switch the game into windowed mode.
3) If the size of virtual desktop is 1024x768 and you see a black screen press F7 key (this will change the game resolution to 1024x768 fitting the whole wine virtual desktop).
4) If the size of virtual desktop is 1280x1024 or larger then you can use F6 or F7 and then F5 keys to play in windowed mode at the two resolutions supported by the game (=800x600 and 1024x768).
These solutions can be used with Pharaoh (and its expansion) too.
EDIT: Newer versions of wine (tested 1.7.37) do NOT need the following.
Throughout wine version there have been mixed results when running the game fullscreen or changing resolution and sometimes even windowed mode. To avoid all these problems, you can run the program in a virtual desktop.
On the terminal, type:
1)Adding the application on winecfg
First of all, we should add the application to the list so that
changes on wine settings don't affect any other applications. Click on
"Add application..." and navigate to the Zeus executable.