FX Trading Station II. Windows client for forex online trading with FXCM, the biggest forex market maker in the world.
1. Installation partially working. Need to do some fixing up (see extra comment below).
2. The client runs OK. Live forex quotes OK.
3. Charts OK.
What does not
1. Without any tweaking performed, the client does not work with error dialog box reporting something like "version not got...". It works after some tweaking as described in 'extra comments' below.
1. Suspected LiveUpdater not working.
What was not tested
2. Haven't done transactions, but believed to be OK, since I've at least got the transaction confirmation box out.
To make it works: 1). Manually add mfc42.dll msvcp60.dll 2). Replace all files in ".wine/drive_c/Program Files/CandleWorks" from respective files of an FXCM installation directory and its sub directories in windows XP; 3). Do a regedit in winXP and export the entries related to the FXCM client, and then modify ".wine/system.reg" to add almost all values from the export.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 24 2012||1.5.9||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 01 2008||0.9.59.||No, but has workaround||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 11 2006||0.9.27.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 30 2006||0.9.26.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 06 2006||0.9.24.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|