Everything works fine.
What does not
At the first start the game crashes and shows the "Where is the guru"-windows. To fix this problem copy the d3dx9_40.dll in your System32 folder.
What was not tested
On very high settings the game won't run smoothly.
I didn't changed my config file.
The problem with the mouse and the orientation issue, which prevents the user to rotate the protagonist accordingly is still present. I forced the mouse override and enabled the "catch the mouse in fullscreen mode" but without any success. The result was that I couldn't load my save game due to the fact that the mouse position was always reseted to the middle of the screen. Computer Configuration. Kernel: 3.11.6-200.fc19.x86_64 CPU: IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz Ã— 8 Mem.: 8 GB Video: Radeon HD 6370M 1GB (Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR; Mesa 9.2.0)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana"||Jul 14 2020||5.12||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Niobleoum|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 18 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Leonhard|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||Apr 01 2016||1.9.5||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Jans de Jager|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 26 2014||1.7.33||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2014||1.7.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luis Alvarado|
- install the game
- patch the game with your favorite patch (version 1.75.14 recommended)
- use native d3dx9_40.dll (native d3dx9_36.dll seems to work fine, too) - see d3dx9 installation
- you may set "Timer.ThreadSafe=false" in "Ini/ge3.ini" if the game has low frames
- you may enable "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" in winecfg's graphics tab if you are using "Emulate virtual desktop", otherwise the mouse will leave the window
- 7991: Try a newer graphics card (>= geforce 8)
- 10264: Copy protection is removed with Gothic 3 patch 1.5.2 or newer
- 31643: The game is shipped with vcomp.dll, so you likely will not notice this one
- 33479: Please use wine 1.5.28 (last known working version)
- tested with GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2 and proprietary nvidia drivers (4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.11)
- tested with radeon HD 4350 and open source drivers (2.1 Mesa 8.0.3, Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710)