It works out of the box. Users need to know that the lag that appears throughout the game is not Wine but the game because of issues with the company.
You have to patch the game with the Community patch 1.75.14 which includes the official patches plus a lot of performance fixes (I mean A LOT). After this you can actually play the game correctly with max resolution and graphic settings.
What does not
Everything works after game is updated.
What was not tested
Everything was tested.
MBD - Asus Z87PRO CPU - Intel i7 4770k RAM - 32 GB RAM SSD - Samsung 840 PRO VID - Nvidia 440 GT (310.xx) OS Mode - Windows 7 Prefix works better on 32-Bit, so for 64-Bit users please do the following: rm -fr ~/.wine export WINEARCH=win32 export WINEPREFIX="/home/USER/.wine" winecfg If it helps, this is my complete winetrick component list that applies for most applications. It saves the time and trouble of any issues or needed DLLs. d3dx10 d3dx9_26 d3dx9_28 d3dx9_31 d3dx9_35 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_39 d3dx9_42 d3dx9_43 d3dx9 directx9 dotnet20sp1 dotnet20 dotnet30sp1 dotnet35 dotnet40 gfw mfc40 mfc42 msxml3 msxml4 msxml6 physx quartz vb6run vcrun2003 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010 vcrun6sp6 vcrun6 wmp10 wsh56vb wsh57 xact_jun2010 xact xinput xna40
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 18 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Leonhard|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||Apr 01 2016||1.9.5||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Jans de Jager|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 26 2014||1.7.33||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2014||1.7.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luis Alvarado|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2014||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
- install the game
- patch the game with your favorite patch (version 1.75.14 recommended)
- use native d3dx9_40.dll (native d3dx9_36.dll seems to work fine, too) - see d3dx9 installation
- you may set "Timer.ThreadSafe=false" in "Ini/ge3.ini" if the game has low frames
- you may enable "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" in winecfg's graphics tab if you are using "Emulate virtual desktop", otherwise the mouse will leave the window
- 7991: Try a newer graphics card (>= geforce 8)
- 10264: Copy protection is removed with Gothic 3 patch 1.5.2 or newer
- 31643: The game is shipped with vcomp.dll, so you likely will not notice this one
- 33479: Please use wine 1.5.28 (last known working version)
- tested with GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2 and proprietary nvidia drivers (4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.11)
- tested with radeon HD 4350 and open source drivers (2.1 Mesa 8.0.3, Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710)