Gameplay (as far as tested), CommunityPatch 1.75, "Questpaket"-Mod (v4), Consequences-Mod v2.0 - as far as tested
What does not
Proper mouse handling. In detail:
At fullscreen mode: rotate player via mouse. Mouse gets stuck at one direction. When moving to opposite direction it works, but also stucks soon. So rotation is quite limited. But rotation using Q/E (default keyboard layout) works well. Issue is mostly relevant for arching, because rotating camera up/down stucks as well. If stuck, returning to title (via ESC), manually realigning cursor (to screen center) helps. So rotation can be continued until the next stuck. Possibly the cursor isn't caught correctly in game mode.
In window mode: Cursor can escape from window after a left click (both: title and game mode). So (especially) melee combat isn't possible.
Problems occured when using Unity, Gnome (Fallback mode) as well as Fluxbox. No other systems were tested.
What was not tested
No other mods are tested. Gameplay beyond area of Ardea (starting village) wasn't tested.
Tested with d3dx10 and dotnet40 (via winetricks). Still playable, but doesn't satisfy requirements for Silver Rating, because of rotation/mouse issue. Hardware: - CPU 2x 3GHz (actual model unknown to me, sry) - GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2 - 32 Bit Ubuntu, 2 GB RAM
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||Apr 01 2016||1.9.5||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Jans de Jager|
|Current||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 26 2014||1.7.33||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2014||1.7.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luis Alvarado|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2014||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" x86_64||Jan 12 2014||1.7.9||Yes||Yes||Gold||Philipglo Joshua Opulencia|
- install the game
- patch the game with your favorite patch (version 1.75.14 recommended)
- use native d3dx9_40.dll (native d3dx9_36.dll seems to work fine, too) - see d3dx9 installation
- you may set "Timer.ThreadSafe=false" in "Ini/ge3.ini" if the game has low frames
- you may enable "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" in winecfg's graphics tab if you are using "Emulate virtual desktop", otherwise the mouse will leave the window
- 7991: Try a newer graphics card (>= geforce 8)
- 10264: Copy protection is removed with Gothic 3 patch 1.5.2 or newer
- 31643: The game is shipped with vcomp.dll, so you likely will not notice this one
- 33479: Please use wine 1.5.28 (last known working version)
- tested with GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2 and proprietary nvidia drivers (4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.11)
- tested with radeon HD 4350 and open source drivers (2.1 Mesa 8.0.3, Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710)