When submiting test results, please include details about your graphics card and graphics software you are using.
Once installed by hand, and when the game video are deactivated, the game starts.
What does not
Install doesn't copy the files even though it reports a sucessful install.
Even though the graphics are fine when shaders are set to minimum or medium, the trains don't manage to load/unload fret and stay stuck at the depots. Passenger/letters trains works better, at least for a few turns.
The game is unplayable, the opponent AI gets stuck and just lose money, and one can't build much either since the stuck trains need to be disposed of all the time.
What was not tested
Network play, since single player doesn't work ;)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 14 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||david|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 14 2016||1.9.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 02 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrew Aladjev|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andrew Aladjev|
- Make new directory.
- Set WINEPREFIX to new directory.
- Create $WINEPREFIX/drive_c and $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices.
- cd dosdevices
- ln -s ../drive_c c:
- ln -s /mnt/cdrom d:
- Run wineprefixcreate.
- Load CD image with cdemu, and mount it on /mnt/cdrom.
- wine d:\\setup.exe
- Copy cracked RailRoad.exe over original version.
- Copy d3dx9_28.dll from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Copy msxml* from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Run regsrv32 msxml3.dll
- Run winecfg to set
graphics to a 1024x768 virtual desktop
library override to native for msxml3.dll
map shell folders
- Run game, which went to hung screen and cheerful music.
- Edit Settings.ini file in My Documents/My Games/... to set
SkipOpeningMovies = 1
VBlankSynch = 0
- Run game.