When submiting test results, please include details about your graphics card and graphics software you are using.
Installation of the 1.1 patch
Launching the game (with No-CD crack and disabling the intro video by editing the configuration file in ~/My Games/Sid Meier's Railroads)
Starting a game
All textures and graphics seem to load without problems even on the highest settings.
What does not
Upon starting a new game, no trains will ever leave the annex/depot/station/terminal where they started.This renders any actual gameplay impossible.
What was not tested
Actually playing the game, connecting to multiplayer, saving/loading.
Platinum status can't be achieved since the game requires Windows DLLs (msxml3 and several DirectX9 DLLs) to run.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 14 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||david|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 14 2016||1.9.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 02 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrew Aladjev|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andrew Aladjev|
- Make new directory.
- Set WINEPREFIX to new directory.
- Create $WINEPREFIX/drive_c and $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices.
- cd dosdevices
- ln -s ../drive_c c:
- ln -s /mnt/cdrom d:
- Run wineprefixcreate.
- Load CD image with cdemu, and mount it on /mnt/cdrom.
- wine d:\\setup.exe
- Copy cracked RailRoad.exe over original version.
- Copy d3dx9_28.dll from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Copy msxml* from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Run regsrv32 msxml3.dll
- Run winecfg to set
graphics to a 1024x768 virtual desktop
library override to native for msxml3.dll
map shell folders
- Run game, which went to hung screen and cheerful music.
- Edit Settings.ini file in My Documents/My Games/... to set
SkipOpeningMovies = 1
VBlankSynch = 0
- Run game.