When submiting test results, please include details about your graphics card and graphics software you are using.
Install and gameplay work perfectly, as long as no traincars are added to trains.
What does not
When cars are added, trains stop at stations at 4 mph and never really arrive. Simulation continues beautifully.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 14 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||david|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 14 2016||1.9.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 02 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrew Aladjev|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andrew Aladjev|
- Make new directory.
- Set WINEPREFIX to new directory.
- Create $WINEPREFIX/drive_c and $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices.
- cd dosdevices
- ln -s ../drive_c c:
- ln -s /mnt/cdrom d:
- Run wineprefixcreate.
- Load CD image with cdemu, and mount it on /mnt/cdrom.
- wine d:\\setup.exe
- Copy cracked RailRoad.exe over original version.
- Copy d3dx9_28.dll from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Copy msxml* from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Run regsrv32 msxml3.dll
- Run winecfg to set
graphics to a 1024x768 virtual desktop
library override to native for msxml3.dll
map shell folders
- Run game, which went to hung screen and cheerful music.
- Edit Settings.ini file in My Documents/My Games/... to set
SkipOpeningMovies = 1
VBlankSynch = 0
- Run game.