When submiting test results, please include details about your graphics card and graphics software you are using.
Installing the game. Installing the 1.1 game patch. The intro videos. The start screen/menu. Changing the screen resolution. Full screen.
What does not
Playing the game in single player mode. The ground detail cannot be seen at all. Trees, tracks, industries, and cities can only be seen partially. This makes the game not playable at all. It is NOT just a cosmetic issue where it still can be played. Some industry animations don't work properly, such as the windmill on the farm where the base that it sits on spins around rather than just the blades.
What was not tested
Tutorial, multi-player, uninstalling.
Using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 video card and version 352.63 proprietary graphics driver.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 14 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||david|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 14 2016||1.9.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Mar 02 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Andrew Aladjev|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jun 02 2012||1.5.3||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andrew Aladjev|
- Make new directory.
- Set WINEPREFIX to new directory.
- Create $WINEPREFIX/drive_c and $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices.
- cd dosdevices
- ln -s ../drive_c c:
- ln -s /mnt/cdrom d:
- Run wineprefixcreate.
- Load CD image with cdemu, and mount it on /mnt/cdrom.
- wine d:\\setup.exe
- Copy cracked RailRoad.exe over original version.
- Copy d3dx9_28.dll from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Copy msxml* from real Windows install to windows/system32.
- Run regsrv32 msxml3.dll
- Run winecfg to set
graphics to a 1024x768 virtual desktop
library override to native for msxml3.dll
map shell folders
- Run game, which went to hung screen and cheerful music.
- Edit Settings.ini file in My Documents/My Games/... to set
SkipOpeningMovies = 1
VBlankSynch = 0
- Run game.