- although I had to change windows version to win98 to make the installer happy
- installing to a custom directory (instead of default "Program Files...") works
Playing the game
- fullscreen mode
- I was able to adjust the graphics to the highest possible settings and still play the game
Saving and loading games
What does not
changing the resolution back to what it was before running the game
- the game/wine fails to do this, so I have to do it with "xrandr -s 0"
All textures are rendered without any kind of filtering so that it looks like software rendering is done but I believe it isn't simply because of how smooth the game runs.
- I had the game deadlock once but I can't replicate the issue.
- when I first increased the resolution the game would print certain fonts (at the loading script) as garbage, but consecutive runs of the game worked perfect.
What was not tested
nothing that I can think of
|Gentoo Linux x86_64
|Oct 28 2006