And again, the version 1.5 gets some bugfixes.
- Eye drop command added: you can select materials in 3D views by simply clicking on polygons. The Material Picker is automatically updated.
- Inset Polygon, Scale Polygon/Edge/Vertex, Extrude Polygon (along normal) and Scale/Rotate Face can now be performed in the 3D views. Note: scaling in the 3D view is always proportial.
- The UV Editor now has a quick 'reload texture' menu option, to quickly carry through the latest changes made in your 2D drawing application.
- A Turn Edge command has been implemented.
- Proportial scaling using CTRL+leftmouse has been implemented for vertices, edges, faces and polygons in 2D views and for faces in the UV editor.
- Light objects now have their own color which can be set in the Options screen.
- You can now doubleclick the statusbar to change settings like CUL, GRID, AABB etc.
- Sphere mapping.
- The Delete button does not react anymore when pressing it in the Tag field of the Object Inspector (it used to delete the entire object).
- Hiding objects and making them visible again can now be done using the main toolbar on top of the screen or by using the Hide/Freeze tool. The Hide property isn't available on the Object Inspector anymore. Note: this means that adjusting properties of objects is only possible on visible objects.
- 3D views have a crosshair pointer (just like 2D views) because 3D views can now be used to apply manipulation commands too.
- Improved Help file.
- 3D vertex picking is now a bit more convenient (in the previous version, you could only pick the part of the vertex handle that was 'inside' a polygon).
- The Material Editor now recognizes uppercase file extensions, like .JPG.
- The FOV in 3D views is now updated automatically after closing the Options form if the value in the Options form has been altered.
- Spotlights and directional lights no longer have their visual orientation run out of synch with the actual direction they are facing.
- DeleD now asks if you want to save your scene at the appropiate times.
- Automatic snapping in 3D views does not happen anymore when you're only selecting primitives. Snapping in 3D views is done when executing commands like scale, extrude etc.
- Running DeleD
What does not
- Correct display of menus
- Creating primitives
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 02 2006||0.9.24.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|