|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.1.28|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
* Installation and shortcut placement on desktop
* Starting the program; With the first attempt at running the program a small dialogue window pops up which reads "Module optimized for CPU has been selected. Please restart Wars & Warriors: Joan of Arc."
* Starting the program; With the second attempt at running the program, it started and I saw a small dialogue window which popped up and read, "Windows Media Format 9 series runtime is not installed on your machine - you will not be able to hear background and environmental music in the game." I clicked OK to continue
* Initial in-game menu with options
* Playing the game; I played up until I reached some wooden spikes sticking out of the ground and then the appearance of my character and those around me (my computer controlled ally and the enemies I first encountered) disappeared, only swords were shown instead of the whole characters, see what doesn't work below
What does not
~ Everything looked fine until I reached some wooden spikes sticking out of the ground and then the appearance of my character and those around me (my computer controlled ally and the enemies I first encountered) disappeared, only swords were shown instead of the whole characters, I could still play the game as my attacks were working fine vs. the enemies and the game world still looked the same, but it didn't feel right playing when all the game characters including myself were now invisible except for our weapons, so at this point I exited the demo.
~ When I exited the game and returned to my KDE desktop, the settings to brightness in the initial in-game menu remained on my desktop (now my desktop appeared very bright even after closing the game!)
~ Uninstalling via "wine uninstaller" without quotes fails; manually removed all installed files and directories in "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Enlight/Joan of Arc Demo" without quotes, manually removed desktop shortcut icon and files remaining in windows/temp
What was not tested
- Playing the game with shadows enabled (I disabled this in the initial in-game menu before you start a new game)
- Playing the game beyond the part where you first encounter enemies because all of the characters disappeared (see what doesn't work above)
tested with NVIDIA driver version: 1.0-8776
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 30 2009||1.1.28||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 24 2006||0.9.25.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Gerry Cherry|