The sound works without a problem, it is smooth graphics. Probably the installation works, but I launched versions already installed.
What does not
When you start can throw away the confusion and moving the mouse, so it is better not to move until I did not load the login window.
What was not tested
GameGuard (using private server)
I have installed: 1) DirectX 9c - probably this plant is unnecessary, however, remained to me after earlier experiments. 2) Ie4Linux.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 22 2008||1.1.9||N/A||Yes||Gold||Nexus|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 12 2008||1.1.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Nexus|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 06 2008||1.1.4||Yes||No||Garbage||Nexus|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 30 2008||1.1.3||Yes||No||Garbage||Nexus|
|Current||Slackware 12.1||Jun 27 2008||1.0-rc4||N/A||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
If playing with an ATI graphics card, there will be some settings that won't work.
Under certain circumstances, system-freezes with no apparent reason can happen.
2013-05-04 Admin note: the information below was extracted from a user comment posted in 2008 and may not be applicable to current Wine. It is being left here for the benefit of anyone who might wish to test and/or update it.
1. Install Wine (1.1.6. - clean install)
2. Install .NET2.0 (via winetricks)
3. Install VisualC++2005 (via winetricks)
4. Install VisualC++2005SP1 (via winetricks)
5. Modify your "l2.ini" file (if is crypted, use workaround end of this bug bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15495)
6. Change "UseHardwareTL=True" to "UseHardwareTL=False"
7. For better stability config Wine
- Applications - Windows Version - sett to "WinXP" (for l2.exe)
- Graphics - "Allow DX apps..." - check
- Graphics - "Allow the window manager to decorate ..." - uncheck
- Graphics - "Allow the window manager to control ..." - uncheck