* Installation and shortcut placement on desktop
* Starting the demo via desktop shortcut and installing Wine Gecko when prompted
* Starting the demo after installing Wine Gecko; brings up a window with two options, one of which is to play the demo, when I click play the demo, however, it gives me an error window (see what does not work below)
* Starting the demo manually via the command line "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Telltale Games/Sam & Max - Culture Shock/Sam & Max - Culture Shock Data$ wine Sam\ \&\ Max\ -\ Culture\ Shock.exe" without quotes (same result though as above with the error window)
What does not
~ After installing Wine Gecko and starting the demo, an error box shows up titled "Error!" and the dialogue text "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it." When I click OK I get another error window titled "Telltale Games" and the dialogue text "There was an eror on startup. Please re-install your game." When I click OK on this second error message window it pops up with the former window with two options but now the play demo option is 'learn more about this game' but when I click this it doesn't do anything, I clicked the X on upper right to exit. And yes, I tried installing the game demo over but it gives the same message.
~ Playing the game (as mentioned above, clicking the option button to start the game does not work, it gives error messages)
What was not tested
- Nothing was tested other than the above because it fails to start the game demo from the window that pops up after you run it
I maked 'Yes' for Runs because it does bring up a window with two options you can click on, but the game demo itself from there does not want to start. There are a lot of "err:mshtml" related errors when you run this, among others that show at the command line which may be useful for wine developers to diagnose.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 23 2007||0.9.31.||Yes||No||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 30 2006||0.9.26.||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Gerry Cherry|