* Installation and placement of desktop shortcut icon
* Playing the game demo from start to finish; playing the battle simulations from start to finish
* Everything else that this demo offers works great, even the cutscene animations
* All audio/video; looks and sounds great
* Uninstall via ALT+F2 and "wine uninstaller" without quotes uninstalls the game demo but I had to manually remove "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Activision/Star Trek Bridge Commander Demo" without quotes, a file and two subdirectories within, I also manually removed the desktop shortcut icon
What does not
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 20 2008||1.0.0||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Athrun|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 21 2008||1.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Athrun|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 03 2008||0.9.52.||N/A||Yes||Gold||Athrun|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 03 2008||0.9.49.||N/A||Yes||Gold||Athrun|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 30 2006||0.9.26.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Gerry Cherry|
Because of driver problems, Intel video cards which are commonly used in Laptops will be too slow for this game.
Nvidia cards with the closed source driver are working fine.
If you have problems with Sound try the set Audio Quality to High: For this open options.cfg in a Text editor and change
ProviderReserveList=LowQualitySoftware to ProviderReserveList=HighQualitySoftware
Kobayashi Maru users can change this under Game Options.