DVD to 1.1 patch.
You have to use this version of the game to get passed the profile selection screen.
- Starting/playing the game
- Keyboard and mouse controls
- Changing configurations
- Graphic (with ~40 fps)
- Finishing the game
What does not
- Patching to v1.1 (due to the *.msp file format of the patch) > works only with workaround
- Speech of the characters is cutoff at the end; maybe its a problem of the game being rendered way to fast and triggering the events to early
- The game crashes about every 3 hours
What was not tested
- Playing with a controller
Played the entire game without much problems. It crashed only twice during the testing period. So its entirely playable. Game settings: - 1600x1200 resolution - Graphic options all at maximum, with all effects on Wine settings: - window mode 1600x1200 Specs: - Wine 1.2 - Ubuntu 8.04 LTS - Kernel 2.6.24-28-generic - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz - 4GB RAM Mushkin XP2-8500 1066MHz - ATI HD4870 512MB (using official "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" driver Release 9.10) - Window manager: metacity and compiz works fine Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating definitions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"||Apr 20 2012||1.5.2||No, but has workaround||No||Garbage||Fabian|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 06 2010||1.3.6||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||Dheart|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 09 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||alex|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 13 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Vanack Sabbadium|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 01 2009||1.1.13||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|