Most features seem to work. You need to install native Internet Explorer with 'winetricks ie6' or 'winetricks ie7' to make embedded web pages and the graphical editor work correctly.
What does not
- Some icons have a white background
- The tab bar beneath each internal window has to be scrolled to see entire thing
- Editing preferences causes access violations and sometimes makes the program unusable
You can avoid those problems with 'winetricks comctl32', but this introduces its own problems (mainly broken icon rendering). Other problems with no known workaround:
- Rendering of web pages (in preview or the internal web browser on the online tab) is somewhat broken, prone to IE bugs
- The installer has some trouble with minimizing, and if you try to cancel the installation, the "are you sure?" prompt may appear behind the main window depending on your window manager.
- Some external links don't work correctly
- The "update HTML-Kit" screen randomly hangs or freezes
What was not tested
Uploading a file from the program; Gecko preview; most alternate options; some editing tools and plugins.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux 18.0.0||Jul 04 2019||4.11||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Robert Giordano|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 13 2010||1.2.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 29 2010||1.2-rc2||Yes||Yes||Silver||A Wine user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 01 2010||1.1.37||Yes||Yes||Silver||A Wine user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 09 2010||1.1.36||Yes||Yes||Silver||A Wine user|