- My Sim Theme Park Gold installs well with both the Sim Theme Park disk and the Gold Edition expansion disk.
- After Intense Patching as described later on:
- General Gameplay - Building, creating, saving, loading parks.
- All tested game modes "Full" and "Instant Action Mode".
- Audio (a bit buggy at title screen for first few minutes, then the rest is good.)
- Mouse cursor viewable.
What does not
- CD Check - SafeDisk Protection causes page fault.
- On-screen cursor a bit hard to move with chaotic movement due to not properly locking to actual cursor. (Mouse Warp settings made no difference)
- Entering Player name causes page fault. Use default name and press the check button for a sloppy work-around.
- In options all other video modes besides 3d card rendering, 640x480, high-quality failed to work very well. 800x600 causes intense flickering and software mode is very slow boot time and very poor looking in-game. -- Virtual Desktop also recommended since Full Screen doesn't go full screen and shows your taskbar on top and bottom of the window in my distro. FPS may be a bit high but at least it looks fairly good and won't be unviewable, this may be do to my ATI Radeon card, so keep going to the Options menu yourself to test different settings. (To do this make sure you have entered a player name --only default works as mentioned -- then Press "Esc" on Keyboard, move cursor -- as best you can move it -- to "Options" and modify the video settings there)
What was not tested
- Online play, sending pics, etc.
- Never fully tested the game I just played it a bit in Instant Action Mode on "Lost World", and never got the game beyond "Halloween World" in Full Simulation.
- Never bothered with a v1.0/1.1 since I had trouble with them on Windows and suggest 2.0 patch to begin with.
You'll need to patch it up a good bit before getting it to play.
Download and install EA's Theme Park World Patch (V2.0) from here:
http://www.adamhearn.co.uk/games/themeparkworld/tpwwin2kfix.html (lots of other useful notes there as well)
To get past page fault use a NoCD patch such as "Sim Theme Park World v2.0 (all languages) No-CD" which can be found on google at various locations.