A well known consumer-level animation program.
The program installs and patches flawlessly.
The program has some trouble running, but these can be fixed by:
- installing MFC42 support using Winetricks
- installing Microsoft's Agent 2.0 Core components from Microsoft's Download Center
(Note: You will have to run AgentSvr.exe located in C:\Windows\msagent before running the software. You may also have to set AgentSvr.exe to run under Windows 98 settings with winecfg.)
Mediocre at best, as usual. (Works this way in Windows, too.)
What does not
- Rendering AVIs and MOVs has some trouble, but I suspect there is some fix for this.
- The program crashes if you try to delete an entry in the project hierarchy (e.g., a model)
What was not tested
- Live rendering using DirectX instead of OpenGL.
- Rendering of advanced textures. I suspect, however, that they work.
- Fixing the AVI and MOV rendering issue using a workaround.
Once installed, works pretty much just like it would in Windows. ...so remember to save frequently!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 27 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora Core 6||Dec 17 2006||0.9.25.||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|