everything (read the extra comments) notification popup windows are a little bit slow
What does not
What was not tested
support of cyrillic charset
1) requires winbind 2) requires shdocvw.dll set to native in winecfg before installing 3) use with /oldgif option for animated smileys 4) check "Preferences" -> "Events" -> "Popup over full-screen applications" for working notification popup windows
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 21 2016||1.6.2||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||openSUSE 11.2 x86_64||May 26 2010||1.2-rc1||Yes||Yes||Silver||Zhenya|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||Oct 29 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Mandriva 2009.1 'Spring'||Oct 21 2009||1.1.30||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Sep 20 2009||1.1.29||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
You will need the winbind-Package. If you use Distros like Ubuntu and Debian you can simply install it with:
"sudo aptitude install winbind"
It's also recommended not to use animated Smilies.
1. Install winbind (ntlm_auth is required).
2. Download and launch the installer with wine.
3. Go to your QIP-Directory (should be ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ FIles/QIP)
4. Open current.cfg in your "Skins"-Directory
5. Replace the number "1" to 0
6. Start qip (e.g. wine C:\\Program\ FIles\\QIP\\qip.exe)
note: Instead of changing your (Skin-)config you can also try to start qip with the "/oldgif"-Parameter:
wine "C:\Program Files\QIP\qip.exe /oldgif"