2. Main program (after tweaks, see "what does not work")
A) May need to resize main window frame to the size of the OpenGL window to get the cursor and actual click locations aligned.
B) The area between the window pane and the edge of the OpenGL window never updates, collects copies of other windows, is butt-ugly.
3. All file operations - Save-as, Save, Load, Revert
4. Instructor (if launched manually post-startup)
5. Most secondary windows (Entity Info window stuck to left side of virtual desktop)
If the OpenGL window offset problem could be solved this would be a Gold app. As it is, a full-screen virtual desktop might give enough workable space to allow the OpenGL window and plenty of tools open, so I'm calling this useable with some tweaks and caveats.
The following are my regedit changes/settings:
/// If "0", SketchUp complains it can't find OpenGL device and dies.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\SketchUp6\Google SketchUp TOTD]
/// Appears to cause crash if enabled (I'm pretty sure I just entered 'false' without quotes in the field in regedit).
What does not
1. OpenGL support appears to be broken; 3D window constantly appears offset within main window with non-covered area not being updated. Additionally, subsequent restarts show OpenGL window offset *further* to top-left each time. Adjusting main window settings in registry was ineffectual.
2. Main window maximize appears to be broken; maximizing window causes entire program to disappear from virtual desktop completely (but does not kill program) 9/10 times.
3. Tip Of The Day windows are broken and must be shut off in registry to make program work.
4. Software rendering.
5. Help - requires IE6. Online help will launch default browser outside of virtual desktop.
6. Instructor (if launched at startup)
7. Model Warehouse: "Google Error Length Required POST requests require a Content-length header."
What was not tested
1. Most tools (I'm a total SketchUp beginner)
5. Plugins - Google Earth capacity still unknown
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mepis 8||Oct 11 2009||1.1.27||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 09 2009||1.1.21||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 18 2008||1.1.6||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Mochalov Konstantin|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 29 2008||1.1.5||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 18 2008||1.1.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|