- playing .mov movies
- viewing images - QTInfo
What does not
- "Select Audio Playback and Recording Devices" in QuickTime Preferences' Audio tab does nothing.
- .mp4 videos (audio codecs reported as aac2.0, h.264/avc by xine) have buzzing over very quiet sound.
- uninstalling reinstalls
- The first time the Video tab in QTInfo is switched to, the screen goes black. - Several things occasionally freeze or crash QuickTimePlayer or even freeze X:
* When QuickTimePlayer can't find a codec (?), it pops up a window asking to download it, " ".
* When QuickTimePlayer shut down, Visual C++ detects a buffer overrun and QuickTime crashes.
* Closing one movie player window after opening another.
What was not tested
- Installing and using third-party components
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux||Feb 16 2011||1.3.12||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Matt Keefo|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2009||1.1.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Ken Sharp|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 23 2009||1.1.17||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||CentOS 4.4||Oct 14 2006||0.9.23.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|