|Latest Wine Version Tested:||2.2|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
- basically everything, out of the box
- all the singleplayer stuff, that means all campaigns, the tutorials, the missions, skirmish, save/load game
- patching the game to V2.50.1516 (latest version available), since it installs as V2.50.1508
What does not
- setting landscape engine or object engine to hardware rendering
causes the game to crash, but software rendering works flawless
- the map editor crashes on startup
What was not tested
- sometimes, the desktop screen resolution remains the game resolution and has to be set to the correct value manually (a system restart also resolves the problem) - scrolling to the borders of the main menu causes the game screen sometimes to be shifted, but after a campaign, mission, skirmish, etc. has been started, this effect disappears
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 21 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Wanderer|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 18 2017||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Wanderer|
|Show||Fedora 14 x86_64||May 17 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||Jul 26 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 24 2010||1.2-rc4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by Martin on Tuesday December 25th 2012, 4:46
Ty for replyes
by anton on Sunday June 3rd 2012, 2:53
not showing. No input possible.
opensuse 12.1 / wine 1.4 settlers IV ver 2.50.1516
by anton on Monday June 4th 2012, 1:01
by Jan Malte on Wednesday May 28th 2008, 5:28
Which lines i have to modify or add?
by Simon on Tuesday December 25th 2007, 4:03
ForceBlit = 1
PureSoftwareMode = 0
ShowVideos = 1
by Ron uit Best on Wednesday August 15th 2007, 12:02
In Video.cfg I changed the above notes and also changed ShowVideo to 0. Even without the nocd crack the game runs perfectly, but I use it anyway, because the game including 2 expensions is 3 cd's. It is not possible inside the game to change to hardware textures.
Save/Load does not crash, but in winecfg I had to enable window manager controlling (I am in Dutch, but it is the second option under 'graphics'.) If not I am not able to use the keyboard to enter a name for my savegame.
by Leon Freitag on Sunday March 18th 2007, 6:09
by Jouni JÃ¤rvinen on Thursday November 28th 2013, 7:47