TroopMaster and DotNet are sold as separate products; the DotNet add-on uses the TM client but stores the data files on a corporate server.
TM2011 is v4.04 and above
- Install works as long as you copy MFC42.dll from a WinXP machine into drive_c\windows\system first
- Menus work fine.
- File operations (download data, backup and restore) are fine.
- Reports work fine.
What does not
- Any of the interactive options (open individual Scout or leader record, for example) crash the application with an error "unhandled division by zero at address...".
What was not tested
Since the app crashes on any interactive opeartion I tried, I only tried a few.
This has got to be trappable...
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 20 2011||1.3.26||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Tim Williams|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 24 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Laramy Black|
|Show||openSUSE 11.1 x86_64||Oct 21 2009||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Al Turner|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 19 2009||1.1.23||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Laramy Black|
|Current||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 20 2007||0.9.30.||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
TroopMaster needs mfc42.dll and gdiplus. Use winetricks to get it. See http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
After downloading the script,
% sh winetricks vcrun6
The mshtml.dll also needs to be overridden using winecfg.
1.) install latest version of wine
2.) install cabextract either through you package manager, or termnal http://www.cabextract.org.uk/
sudo apt-get install cabextract
3.) then get winetricks http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
4.) select vcrun6 and gdiplus in the gui (graphical user interface) that shows up
5.) select next
sudo apt-get install imagemagick3.ran the this command
convert [location]/633976.png to [other location not on desktop]/633976.xpm
*reasion being that if you delete this file the icon will no longer show*
now you got a desktop icon!
convert [location]/633976.png to [other location not on desktop]/633976.xpm*reasion being that if you delete this file the icon will no longer show*
env WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine" wine "C:\troopmaster Software\TM4\TroopMaster.exe"
comment "add anything you want"
now you got a menu item
enjoy troopmaster on ubuntu 9.04
i am willing to take suggestions and spelling and grammar checks (spelling and grammar is not my forte)
if you find that anything is not working, report it
When you first install TroopMaster, the background is of an outdoor scene with moving water. Sometimes this causes to program to peg the CPU. This background is the file 'troopmaster.gif' in the "Troopmaster Software\TM4" directory. There is another background without moving called with filename 'troopmaster.jpg'. If you are having this problem, do the following:
1. rename troopmaster.gif to some temporary name, like troopmaster.tmp.
2. rename troopmaster.jpg to troopmaster.gif
3. rename the temporary troopmaster.tmp to troopmaster.gif
4. Now that you've reversed the two background files, Troopmaster should start up with no moving background, and the program should be responsive. You can now change the Preferences to use still water:
Select 'Background' tab
click button "Watercolor with still water" (This is troopmaster.jpg)
5. Now name the files back as they were originally.